To minimise inconvenience and cost of cancelled bookings, guests are strongly advised to have UK travel insurance in place to cover all possible circumstances, it is far cheaper than losing the full or partial payment for your accommodation. We are unable to offer advice regarding travel insurance or recommend a particular policy, but here are some suggestions:
You will also be given the option to protect your booking via XCover travel insurance when you book directly on our website. This covers:
- Illness or injury to you, your family member or close relative
- Illness, injury or death of another guest in your group, their family member or close relative
- Cannot attend due to transit strikes
- Adverse weather conditions
Cancellation by the lead guest must be made in writing (incl. via email) as soon as possible. If the cancellation is received:
- more than 56 days before the arrival date, for any reason, in the event of cancellation by you, we shall refund any deposit paid if we succeed in re-letting the property. If we are unable to re-let the property, the deposit will be retained.
- less than 56 days from the arrival date, for any reason, you receive no refund of payments made, unless we can rebook the cottage for the cancelled dates, in which case the cancelling guest will receive a refund equating to the value of the replacement booking up to the value of their booking payments. We are in a very popular location and will make every effort to rebook the dates, but we cannot guarantee it.
Cancellation by us at any stage:
If, due to circumstances beyond our control, we are unable to provide the accommodation described, our liability shall be limited to providing a full refund of all funds received.
We strongly recommend you take out your own travel insurance for UK holidays which covers booking cancellations. This will give you the peace of mind that you will get your money back if you need to cancel your holiday at almost the last minute. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
Changes of Date
We will gladly consider a change of date after the booking has been confirmed but are not bound to do so. If a date change is agreed upon, a revised booking confirmation with new dates and any revisions to cost will be provided to you, the guest.
If, at any time prior to a guest’s arrival, the property becomes unavailable, unusable or as Owners, we have to cancel the booking for any reason e.g. house emergency or Scottish government Covid lockdown restrictions, then our sole obligation is to confirm the cancellation of the booking to you as soon as possible and reimburse you for all payments made to us or offer credit voucher against a future stay. We shall not be liable to the guest for any type of indirect or consequential damage, losses, costs, expenses or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (however caused) incurred by the guest or anyone in the guest’s group which arise from, or in connection with, the property rental. We can help you find similar local alternative accommodation but cannot guarantee this will be available.
Please contact us if you have any queries regarding any of the information provided.
Chasing The Moon Holiday Cottage January 2024